[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NOVA-T - MCE vs. non-MCE

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 22:51:45 EST 2005

I'm doing a little research into DVB cards that are available, as I
want to add a second card to my mythtv machine.

One thing I noticed is that for the Hauppauge NOVA-T, the price
fluctuates wildly, from $170AUD, to $350AUD+. I have found that the
ones that are about $170 are the MCE edition, while the more expensive
are not.

Does anyone know exactly what the diference between the two models is?
I looked at the website, and nothing obvious jumped out. The only
thing I can think of is that the MCE one does not have a remote with
it (As you are supposed to use the MCE remote).