[mythtv-users] OT: Apt and RPM rollbacks..

Support [ Ian Ward ] support at cyberpro.com.au
Thu Dec 22 17:29:56 EST 2005

OT, but I'm sure most on the list can benefit.  There's nothing worse
than busting your system whilst updating it.

On other RedHat systems I find it usefull to use the rollback feature in
up2date or manually specify "--repackage" on the rpm commandline.
This would be especially helpfull when updating the beloved mythtv box
as WAF must be kept high at all costs.

At the command line I would use:
rpm -Fvh --repackage somepackage.rpm
or in RedHat's up2date, enabling "rollbacks" in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

Of course, on my FC3 myth system I am using apt configured back to
http://atrpms.net/.
Ultimately, apt is calling rpm but I cannot find where I can modify the
default behaviour to call rpm with the --repackage switch.

Where can I configure this behaviour as the default?
There does not seem to be a command line option to apt ( which is a pity
) to enable the --repackage option add-hoc.

TIA, Ian