[mythtv-users] basic ota hdtv questions

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:25:01 EST 2005

On 12/22/05, joe byrne <mythjoe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed an air2pc card (the version with the bcm3510) to
> record atsc OTA.  It coexists with an ivtv card and a bttv card, which
> both record OTA.  Yes, I like variety.  I'm running mythtv 18.1
> installed from rpms on FC4 with  a 2.6.14 kernel. I'm in the US and
> use zap2it.
>
> I have some really basic questions:
> * Do I need a second zap2it line-up for the ota-hdtv input?

I'll answer the "second zap2it line-up" question.

Yes, a second line-up with only digital channels is a good idea.  I use a
second zipcode, not adjacent but close enough, create the zap2it lineup and
assign it to  the HD3000 and HD5000 cards.  MythTV is clever enough to make
the listings show separately for analog and digital channels.

One extra thing I had to do manually was to provide the XMLTVID's for the
digital channels by going into mythtv-setup -> Channel Editor and typing
them in.  The XMLTVID's can be found various ways, but one easy way is to
use the website http://zap2it.com.  When the listings come up, I click on

  "CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR LOCAL DIGITAL STATIONS"

and then hold the mouse over the call letters at the left side of the
screen.  The XMLTVID's will show up, either under the mouse, or at the
bottom of the screen.

--
MM