[mythtv-users] Using Mythtv as a non-tv recording device

Ryan Green thecapitalizt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:09:44 EST 2005

using a DV cam is not an option, since the system we have currently is
that we have a PTZ camera built into our ceiling that we use, and then
record to a S-VHS deck. Swapping it out with a MiniDV deck would cost
too much ($1000+ per deck??). I'll check into the hauppage software,
since we lost the CD ages ago. ivtv sounds like a better option, as
I'd rather work with a linux-based system than try to cobble together
some windows scripts.