[mythtv-users] Recording Bitrates fpr PVR 350

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 22 00:12:10 EST 2005

Christian Borchmann wrote:
> what are usefull settings for recording dayli episodes of cartoon with a
> pvr-350?
> u choose a bitrate form 2500-3500.

Disk space is cheap.  I just record everything at 6 Mbps and call it a day.
With ~340 GB (real gigabytes, not "salesman's gigabytes") across three drives,
I've never run out of space.  Stuff I want to save gets archived to DVD; other
stuff gets auto-deleted to keep a few episodes of each show on hand.  With most
of what I watch, if I don't get around to watching it the first time around,
it'll probably be on again before too long.

(Fry's recently had a 400GB Seagate with 8 MB cache for ~$170 after rebate.
The same drive with 16 MB cache, if you wanted that, was $10 more.)

 / v \ Scott Alfter

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (MingW32)