[mythtv-users] Oversaturation / Bleeding

Johan Venter johan at vulturest.com
Wed Dec 21 17:25:02 EST 2005

Hi guys,

Been having a problem with oversaturation and colour bleeding in LiveTV
and being recorded into my recordings.

I've recently upgraded to SVN 8321 and I've been having the problem
since then.

I've ruled out a bunch of stuff:
    1. It's not my TV settings - playing videos via MythVideo (through
       mplayer using -vo xv) look fine
    2. It's not my X / nVidia driver settings - for the same reason, also
       that I haven't changed them for close on 6 months and have never
       had this problem before (and yes, I have tried tweaking with
       nvidia-settings to no avail).
    3. It's not my DVB feed from the antenna - LiveTV looks perfect on my
       laptop running the same SVN version.

So that only leaves this particular mythfrontend installation. I have
tried rendering with 'Standard', 'Standard XVMC' (my preferred choice)
and libmpeg2 with no effect. I have tried disabling and enabling
interlacing.

I know Myth can pay attention to XV picture controls, but I'm not
entirely sure where I set XV picture controls, or even whether it will
help (as mplayer doesn't have the same problem).

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Johan.