[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:16:34 EST 2005

On 12/21/05, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 02:36, Matt wrote:
> > Sure, I can comment out everything.  What exactly do you want me to do
> > and I'll get it for you.
>
> The bit I'm interested in is the bit that should look similar to the following
> that is printed to the console after the program errors out. This will tell
> me exactly which line is causing the problem for you. You shouldn't have to
> do anything special for python to print this this, it's the normal output
> when a program causes an exception. Just cut and paste it to the list.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>  File "<stdin>", line 2, in my_func
> TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not
> NoneType
>
> Like I said, this is a quick hack, and is likely to be fragile. :-)
> --
> Steve Boddy

Channel "AMC" is currently set to "/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/amc.jpg"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mythalsig.py", line 200, in ?
    assign_icons(channel_list, icon_dict)
  File "mythalsig.py", line 127, in assign_icons
    if master_list[lyngsat_country_code].has_key(channel_set[0]):
KeyError: 'us-in'

Like I said, once enter the country-state codes in the master list, it works.

Also, I'd recommend putting something at the start of the script that
says "loading channels" or something, because it takes about a minute
for me to load all the pages for the US and it just looks like the
program isn't running.

Here's what I can contribute for the US master list:

US

AMC=AMC
A & E Network = AE_TV
Black Entertainment Television = BET
Bravo = BRAVO_US
ABC Family = ABC_FAMILY
CNBC = CNBC
Cable News Network = CNN
CNN Headline News = HEADLINENEWS
Comedy Central = COMEDYCENTRAL
Cable Satellite Public Affairs Network = CSPAN
Cable Satellite Public Affairs Network 2 = CSPAN2
Disney Channel = DISNEY_CHANNEL_US
ESPN = ESPN
Eternal Word Television Network = EWTN
Galavision Cable Network = GALAVISION_US
Home Shopping Network = HSN
Lifetime = Lifetime
MTV - Music Television = MTV
E! Entertainment Television = E
Nickelodeon = Nickelodeon
Fox Sports Chicago = FOXSPORTSCHICAGO
The Discovery Channel = DISCOVERY
The Learning Channel = TLC
SPIKE TV = SPIKE_TV
Turner Network TV = TNT
The Weather Channel = WEATHERCHANNEL
USA Network = USA_NETWORK
VH1 - Video Hits One = VH1
Hallmark Channel = HALLMARK_CHANNEL
Turner Broadcasting System = TBS_ATLANTA
Cartoon Network = CARTOON_NETWORK
ESPN2 = ESPN2
Food Network = FOODNETWORK
WXFT = TELEFUTURA
WGBO = UNIVISION
FX Networks Inc. = FX_US
The History Channel = HISTORYCHANNEL
The Golf Channel = GOLF_CHANNEL
Home & Garden Television = HGTV
ESPN Classic = ESPNCLASSIC
MSNBC = MSNBC
Animal Planet = ANIMALPLANET
MTV2: Music Television = MTV2_US
Fox News Channel = FOXNEWS
TV Guide Channel = TV_GUIDE_CHANNEL
Oxygen Media Inc. = OXYGEN
Comcast Sportsnet Chicago = COMCAST_SPORTSNET_BALTIMORE    <---
Chicago doesn't have their own icon apparently, but the BALTIMORE one
is very generic and just says "Comcast Sportsnet"
Outdoor Life Network = OUTDOOR_LIFE_NETWORK_US

Telelatino Network = Possibly "TELEMUNDO" but not sure. (it's a
Telemundo channel here, but may not be elsewhere?)
QVC = not found?!?!
Cable Market Place = not found

Here are some for the US-Illinois master list:
US-IL
2 pages

WBBM = WBBM_CBS2_CHICAGO
WCIU = WCIU_CBS26_CHICAGO
WFLD = WFLD_FOX32_CHICAGO
WGN (Local Chicago) = WGN_WB9_CHICAGO            <---- just to note,
the parenthesis are actually part of the title of the network if in
Chicago, I did not add them there.  Most people outside of Chicago
will have a different WGN title as it's a "superstation" in any other
city.
WLS = WLS_CHICAGO_CH7
WMAQ = WMAQ_NBC5_CHICAGO
WPWR = WPWR_UPN50_CHICAGO
WSNS = WSNS_TELEMUNDO44_CHICAGO
WTTW = WTTW11_CHICAGO
WYCC = WYCC20_CHICAGO
WJYS = WJYS62_CHICAGO
WCPX = WCPX_PAX38_CHICAGO

Chicagoland Television News = not found
a few local/government/lease channels not found, but not suprisingly
so as they are just given by the cable company, they aren't officially
channels/networks.

Here are some for the US-Indiana master list:
US-IN
2 pages
WYIN = WYIN_PBS56_MERRILVILLE.jpg

I'm sure I could guess at a lot more, but would prefer to not do so as
I don't receive them on my mythbox so I don't know their exact syntax
for the channel name display.  Everything listed above, I know to be
correct.  I noticed that Steve A. put MTV2 for the MTV2 channel, but
technicall in the us it's MTV2_US

Thanks!
Matt