[mythtv-users] "Windowed" Front-end?

David Remelts remeltdb at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:16:31 EST 2005

>From: "Tom E. Craddock Jr." <sigtom at sigtom.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] "Windowed" Front-end?
>Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:54:10 -0500
>
>Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
>>I was just wondering if there was a MythTV front-end "client" for Linux
>>that runs in a window, but gives access to all of MythTVs features.  My
>>daughter is running Linux, doesn't have a TV, and I would like to allow
>>her to use MythTV in a way that allows her to continue doing other stuff
>>also.  So, basically, a "windowed" front-end that doesn't take over the
>>full screen.  Is there anything like that?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Lonnie Borntreger
>>

>Alt+Tab at least in KDE, I do it that way on my laptop all the time.  I
>never choose the option to run myth windowed, just alt-tab to the other app
>I wanna use, then alt-tab or mouse back to mythfrontend.
>
>Tom

Yes, I do this all the time too when I need to access some other app on the
system but MythTV is still running full-screen even though it is not the
topmost window.  I believe what Lonnie wants is to have MythTV run in a
re-sizable window that can be moved around while doing other tasks on the
system.  For that you need to go into setup and specify that you want
mythfrontend to run "windowed".

Regards,
Dave