[mythtv-users] Help getting KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T to work

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 06:11:21 EST 2005

> Do you have any idea about the questions I wrote:
>
> I don't have the /dev/dvb/... or the adapter/frontend aren't
> registered...is it because the /dev/dvb/...isn't created?? When/Where
> are /dev/dvb/... created?

Sorry, I don't. Here's the ls -l output of mine:

$ ls -l /dev/dvb*
crw-------  1 root root 212, 71 Dec 21 07:18 /dev/dvb0

/dev/dvb:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 120 May  7  2005 adapter0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 120 Dec 21 07:18 adapter1

I can't remember how they got there on my system - whether I had to do
something or whether it was automatic. I did have to do something in a
udev config file to sort out permissions for the dvb adapters. Put
this line in /etc/udev/permissions.d/20-dvb.permissions and see if it
helps:

dvb/adapter[0-3]*/*:root:mythtv:0666

Also, maybe have a search in the archives for DVB and udev and see
what comes up as it may lead to something.

Regards,
Phill