[mythtv-users] Help getting KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T to work

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 06:07:40 EST 2005

On 21/12/05, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks anyway ;-)
>
> Do you have any idea about the questions I wrote:
>
> I don't have the /dev/dvb/... or the adapter/frontend aren't
> registered...is it because the /dev/dvb/...isn't created?? When/Where
> are /dev/dvb/... created?

I missed the beginning of this thread, but have you looked at which
dvb modules are being loaded?

/sbin/lsmod

For my Nova-t card I had to manually modprobe cx88_dvb (I think that's
the correct name) because the wrong [blackbird] module was being
automatically loaded.

It was the

/sbin/modprobe cx88_dvb

command that created the /dev/dvb/adapter stuff

( look in dmesg for errors / success messages)

I'm not saying that this is the module for you (though it's worth a
try) but you need to find out which module it is you need, and check
that it is being loaded.

HTH