[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 20 20:15:41 EST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 00:08, Matt wrote:
> On 12/20/05, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> > > Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing anything.  I've downloaded it,
> > > set the variables, and when I type python mythalsig.py nothing
> > > happens, it just sits there.
> >
> >  I assume you editted the script to point it at your database,
> > icon storage locations and set your country info ?
>
> yup

Okay, cut and paste you settings section. Another idea is to try and run
ethereal. So; Are you seeing traffic to the machine with the db? I'm assuming
you're running the script on a different machine. If you are, did you allow
remote machine access to the db with the grant commands from the MythTV docs?
Are you seeing traffic to Lyng-Sat website? It can take several seconds, even
with the less profligate UK logos. Only once all this is done will you see a
prompt.
--
Steve Boddy