[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Dec 20 17:45:34 EST 2005

> I like the idea of the master list, and I'll have a think of the best way.
> Probably have to be seperated by country in case there are equivalent channel
> names with different logos.

 Yeah that's basically what I was thinking.  A Plain text format with
something like

"TEXT" = filename(or URL)

 Where TEXT could be a callsign or a full station name.

  For example :

"WSET" = file1.jpg
"WSET 13 CityName" = file1.jpg
"ATV" = file2.jpg
"ATV Halifax" = http://www.blah.com/logos/file3.jpg

> getting exact matches. If people have assigned there own names it's likely to
> be somewhat ineffective.

 I'm not very familiar with Python but are the matches done on the filename,
the station name  or both?  I've had many incidents where I didn't get a fuzzy
match but where the callsign I was matching against should have easily matched
either and they aren't found. And yeah I've updated the lyngsat_page_count value
as well as the country code.

For example I'm setting up a box for my uncle which will have a channel
with the callsign WSET  which would match both the file name
"http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/ww/wset_abc13_lynchburg.jpg" and the
station name "WSET 13 Lynchburg" but doesn't find eityher.

> BTW, what's the policy on attachments to the mail list? Don't want to be on
> the receiving end of an Isaac lashing <:-(

 Can't say I've seen any complaints about small attachments of small scripts or
patches.  Larger stuff should of course be put up on a webserver with
a link to it.