[mythtv-users] Any MythTV app segmantation faults! HELP!

Gabriel Schønau Hansen gabriel at schoenau.dk
Tue Dec 20 05:22:17 EST 2005

Mike G: Thanks a lot for your input, Mike, though it didn’t fix my probs!
:-) I have already been all over the place, including your suggestions,
which btw are ace :-)

I decided to test why the annoying hd-failures kept creeping up, and threw
in an old 40 gig Samsung drive (WD400) as slave on IDE0:1. I installed
Mythdora on this, but even though I could get all the way through to
mythtv-setup, those pesky dma int errors kept creeping up on me, now on the
/dev/hdb which is the Samsung!

Either I have a faulty Motherboard, or theres a specific
patch/kerneloption/whatever I’m missing out on regarding my Abit KT7-raid
mobo.

Strange thing is, after installing mythdora 1.5, I got all the way to setup,
but after fiddling about for a bit, I only managed to setup the Capture Card
settings, then in the channel settings I opt for Danish channels plus
Europe-west channel setup (yeah, I’m Danish! :-) ), and on exiting this, it
tries to update but completely stalls on 50 %. Is this supposed to take
long, or could it be stalled due wrong Capture Card setup?

TIA,

Gabriel

  _____