[mythtv-users] RE: STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!!

Tim Tait tim.tait1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:19:42 EST 2005

Mark deJong wrote:
>>Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:26:24 +0100 (CET)
>>From: Franco <mythtv at email.it>
>>Subject: [mythtv-users] STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!!
>>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>
>>Hello,
>
> Hello Audience. Meet troll. Obviously a unwarranted plug.
>

>>just wanted to tell everybody that now I have a working
>>network at home so I can start experimenting with
>>multiple frontend/backend configuration.
>>
>>PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI.

I keep waiting for the Homeplug AV spec to roll out... 200Mbps sounds
way better than WiFi to me - especially as I get periods of heavy
interference, I think from my neighbors cordless phone. The Homeplug 1.0
at 10 ~ 14Mbps actual throughput is still probably better than many .11g
users actually get.

This develo product looks like a half-step between the two...
interestingly, they list no sales partners here in the USA. They are
listed as an "Adopter Member" on the http://www.HomePlug.org web site

Tim