[mythtv-users] Manually add files to Watch Recordings list?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:38:45 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 21:16, Nick wrote:
> On 20/12/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There is a myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script in the contrib folder of the
> > > MythTV source that will let you add files.  If they are NUV just put
> > > them in your TV recording path and run.   If they are AVI or another
> > > extension, pass the --ext avi option to it.  It should prompt for all
> > > the necessary information.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> >
> > great, I've been doing a few manually, this should speed that up,
> > especially if I can automate grabbing the show info from tvtome.com.
>
> TV Tome sadly is no more. It was bought and has been dragged kicking
> and screaming into the much slower tv.com. Hopefully the tvtome
> scripts can be reconfigured to use tv.com (although old tvtome links
> redirect, the tv.com pages try to ensure as little information and as
> much CNET advertising as possible on each page)
>
> Nick

yea, there is tviv.org, which is a wiki with the heart and soul of tvtome.com,
but tv.com displays certain information I use in a much better way, and is
updated. tv.com is slower, but oh well...

I found a perl script that scrapes tv.com though, and am going to try and see
if I can integrate it with myth.rebuilddatabase.pl in order to add episodes
on the HDD to the database.

If there is anyone out there that knows perl that would like to help me (and
by help, I mean basically do it or teach me perl), please let me know!

--
Steve