[mythtv-users] improve quality Hauppauge PVR 250

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:54:30 EST 2005

On 19/12/05, Daniel Stengel <dstengel at uni-mannheim.de> wrote:
> Ok it probably is a rec. problem... The size has been 480x480 but
> recording in 720x576 does not change much (didnt see any change)
> but recording at a bitrate of 7500 (max. 10000) did change a lot!

This bitrate seems a bit excessive to get a good picture - I've used
similar settings to Nick Rosier 4000/5500 and get perfectly fine video
(PVR-350 using old ivtv version 0.2.0-rc3f!).

> But i now i need roughly 140 MB for 3 mins of recording...
> Again for explanation: the stripes I see occur i.e. if somebody moves
> his hand when talking (so the movement is not sooo fast)...
> Does noone see these stripes as well?

These lines still sound like interlacing artefacts - you don't need
much motion to be able to spot them - a non-static picture is all that
is needed if you do not have deinterlacing enabled.

Nick