[mythtv-users] MythWeb Problem

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Dec 19 16:51:21 EST 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
>>> Just a suggestion, but it would be better if that error message
>>> directed people to the README or said something other than "Your db
>>> variables are wrong" because, well, it may have nothing to do with
>>> the db variables.
>>

>> it directs you to the .htaccess file, which as of 30 seconds ago
>> reminds you to check for mod_env...
>>
> I got that same error when AllowOverrides was not set properly in the
> apache.conf

And the error page itself says:

     The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
     included .htaccess file.  Please read through the comments included
     in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

     Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
     in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
     README about the AllowOverride settings.

Not sure how to be more explicit than this.  This has been in the code
since 11/07, so perhaps Mlists needs to upgrade his checkout.

-Chris