[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb Problem

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Mon Dec 19 16:31:05 EST 2005

I just went through this.  I hadn't update mythweb for a while.

The readme isn't completely clear to me either.  Here's the section
your looking for in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Remember to restart httpd after changing the conf file
# /etc/rc.d.init.d/httpd restart

<Directory "/var/www/html">

# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    AllowOverride None
# changed for mythweb
     AllowOverride All

     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all

something else that I had to do in addition to the README's

    chgrp -R apache /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory/cache
     chmod g+rw /wwww/htdocs/myMythWebDirectory/cache

on my system. I'm on FC3 so YMMV
chgrp -R apache /var/www/html/mythweb/cache
chmod g+rw /var/www/html/mythweb/cache

addition to the README's instructions.  I don't remember this dir
from my old install

chgrp -R apache /var/www/html/mythweb/data
chmod g+rw /var/www/html/mythweb/data
chmod g+rw /var/www/html/mythweb/data/cache

Hope this gets you going