[mythtv-users] Choosing Linux distribution (Open SUSE 10 vs. Fedora Core 4)

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:54:43 EST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 13:03, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 19 December 2005 05:01, mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk wrote:
> > On Monday 19 December 2005 10:00, Joacim J wrote:
> > > I already have a file server with Open SUSE 10 and now I will have a
> > > HTPC with MythTV. I have found Jarods excellent HOWTO regarding Fedora
> > > and MythTV.
> > > It is much more easier if I have the same Linux distribution on all
> > > machines from a admin perspective.
> > >
> > > What is the advantages/disadvantages in OpenSUSE 10 vs. Fedora Core 4?
> > > Which is best suited according to you guys?
> >
> > Personally I prefer suse but my advice is go with whichever you're
> > happiest with using!
> >
> > I found any advantages to any one specific distro are overshadowed by not
> > being used to it, where config files were kept, where (and what) the
> > (distro specific) system tools were etc.
>
> What he said. (Though I personally prefer Fedora over SUSE, if that wasn't
> already obvious ;).

haha!

Go with what your comfortable with. I've already got 2 running Debian systems
so I went with Debian and compiled MythTV from SVN.  I did use Jarod's guide
extensively though, as there is a lot of information that is generic and
doesn't matter what distro your using. Some stuff just needs to be translated
from FC4 speak to Debian or whatever else.

--
Steve