[mythtv-users] Program Finder- Idea for improvement

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Mon Dec 19 13:31:11 EST 2005

If you have two buttons on your remote that you aren't using then you can use
mythcontrols to map those two buttons to PgDown and PgUp.  I use xbox for my
frontend which has a very limited remote.  I bought a $15 remote with some RCA
DVD codes built in (same codes xbox uses), it will transmit some signals that
the xbox recognizes which aren't transmitted by the xbox remote.  I got about 10
extra buttons this way.

You might not be on an xbox, just saying that finding a way to add extra remote
functionality isn't too expensive.

Daniel