[mythtv-users] LIRC weirdness

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:14:29 EST 2005

On 18/12/05, Marty Ravell <mythtv at rave-tech.com.au> wrote:
> Just a couple of minutes ago I tracked the problem down to the fact that the
> freqid column in the channel table of Myth's database was not filled.
> Once I updated this column with the values in the channum column it all came
> good.
> It seems that Myth sends the freqid column to the channel change script and
> not the channum as you would expect.

I think the idea here is that the channum field is more of an abstract
representation of the channel's numeric identity, whereas the freqid
field contains that actual tuning information for
analogue/externally-tuned channels. Sometimes (in the US) you may have
the case where channum == freqid, but this is not a given everywhere.

E.g. for an analogue tuner in the UK, the channum may be 5, but the
freqid will not be (mine is 37) and depends on the region of the world
the tuner is working in.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list