[mythtv-users] Re: FC-4 installation - Are these dead symlinks wrong?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Dec 18 07:20:00 EST 2005

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 06:48:24PM -0500, Don wrote:
> I'm working on getting the remote control to work on my FC-4
> installation (Jarods guide, very nice).  I don't think lircd is starting
> properly.  Could this be the reason?
>
> # /sbin/chkconfig --list | grep lirc
> lircd           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>
> Using "ls -color" to check each of the rc*.d directories I get this on
> each of the "on" directories.  Each is highlighted in red, which
> /etc/DIR_COLORS defines as a dead symlink.
>
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root 14 Dec 11 18:37 K71lirc -> ../init.d/lirc

That looks very wrong. At least that's not what is in ATrpms and
Jarod's guide. Probably a remnant from another repo?

> And, /etc/init.d/ does not have a lirc file, but it does have a lircd
> file.  Should the symlink be pointing to /etc/init.d/lircd instead?  If
> so, how do I correct it?

Remove the broken symlinks and rerun chkconfig.

/sbin/chkconfig --add lircd

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net