[mythtv-users] LIRC weirdness

Marty Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sun Dec 18 00:31:56 EST 2005

I'm making some progress at long last on getting lirc to work as a receiver
through my PVR-350 and a transmitter on a homebrew serial transmitter to my
Foxtel cable box (STU-120). My channel change script (and the setup itself)
is from lircsetup.com. Box is FC3 from Jarod's guide, front and backend
combined. Everything seems to work pretty cool from the command line. I can
call the chan_change.sh script and my cable box changes channel. This would
tell me that the hardware works fine and that lirc seems to like it's
configuration.

Problem is that when I run the same script from within MythTV nothing
happens.

In following the troubleshooting pages on lircsetup.com I tried the
test_script.sh idea. This works fine from within MythTV. i.e. I get the
output log produced.

Next test I tried was to put the line which writes the test log entry into
the change_chan.sh script itself.

Weird thing with this is that although the channel is not changed the log
entry line is created.

I know that the script is being run (otherwise the log line would not be
written). Why isn't the irsend part of the script working when called by
MythTV?

Any ideas?

Regards

Marty