[mythtv-users] help with channel changing

sarvinc at fastmail.fm sarvinc at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 17 12:26:00 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
Date: Saturday, Dec 17, 2005 6:12 am
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] help with channel changing

> I know it's odd but my parents Original Series 1 Tivo has no problem changing channels.

It uses an IR blaster.

> Can I somehow emulate this with Mythtv?

You could build use an IR blaster or IR transmitter.  ;)

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for clearing that up. At least  I'll stop banging my head trying to get it to change channels. Is there another card I can buy to skip the IR blaster step?

I know this sounds crazy but the TiVo does not use an IR Blaster. In fact it will change the channel even if it's only connected to the TV via coaxial cable. I don't see how and I'm still in awe. Maybe it's magic? Maybe my TV has something to do with it.