[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg-CVS

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 01:22:48 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> yeah.  --transcode, or just set it up in the nuvexportrc file.
>
> The difference is that it runs transcode instead of ffmpeg.  Different
> encoder, different quality.  For whatever reason, ffmpeg is faster at
> encoding mpeg1/mpeg2 data (ffmpeg is no faster for xvid/divx), but
> transcode looks FAR nicer when it comes to xvid stuff (fewer artifacts,
> etc).

With ffmpeg I've never been able to run nuvexport from
the command line (non-interactivly).  (I wanted to set up a
myth job for this for certain shows).

Does this work better with transcode?

Also, with --transcode to xvid its way slower (p4  3.0ghz) using
the same settings as ffmpeg to divx.  Any hints
on wat makes the best speed improvements?