[mythtv-users] RE: Configuring SPDIF digital out.

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 23:37:44 EST 2005

> I tried alsamixer again and it worked.
> In alsamixer I un-muted IEC958, turned ICE958 Playback all the way down, set
> ICE958 Playback source to [AC-Link], un-muted External Amplifier, turned
> <PCM> and <Master> up to 90%. ESC to exit.

I have the same intel8x0 on-board sound as you. I wanted to try what
you've done but don't know how to set the IEC958 source in alsamixer -
how do you do that? The only thing I can work out how to do in
alsamixer is mute/unmute and adjust volume levels.

You don't have any screenshots of your alsamixer settings do youm,
which you could share? It's easier to underdtand your config that way.

Thanks,
Phill