[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg-CVS

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:04:29 EST 2005

On 12/16/05, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> >    Does nuvexport currently work with the CVS version of ffmpeg?  I've
> > had lots of troubles over the past serveral months trying to get
> > nuvexport to convert to XviD.  I've looked a few places, searched a
> > few lists, and it appears that it might be related to the fact the
> > nuvexport doesn't work with new versions of ffmpeg.  Is this correct?
>
> I don't think it works.  Not going to upgrade my master tree until that
> version is actually available to me (since there's seemingly no easy way
> to detect ffmpeg versions for compatibility)
>
> plus, ffmpeg sucks for xvid.  use --transcode
>
> -Chris

Chris,

  First off, thanks a ton for your work on nuvexport and mythweb.
I've been following the changes you been committing in SVN for
mythweb, nice to see you working hard on that.

Anyway, thanks for the official word.  I've been wanting to use
nuvexport since last spring, but it hasn't worked with the latest
ffmpeg.  I'll be happy to use transcode, but even though I've used
mythtv for 2 years now I've never used the --transcode flag with
nuvexport.  Is it simply "nuvexport --transcode"?  What's the
differences and why do you say it's better anyway?

Thanks!
Matt