[mythtv-users] mytranscode -i problem

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:54:59 EST 2005

I want to copy a nuv file to another machine and transcode it there (because
said machine has a faster cpu than my mythbox).  The faster box will have an
install of mythtv (since I need nuvinfo and mythtranscode).  I am working on
a script to do this.  The problem that I am running into is that
mythtranscode seems to work only with the -c and -s parameters to locate the
nuv file.  The -i <filename> results in "Couldn't find stream paramters".
I dont really want a full blown myth install on the fast box, just the
ability to transcode files. I already know the encoding commands for ffmpeg
and friends.  Can anybody shine a light at this problem.

I tried -p <profilenumber>  using the id numbers for the profile in
mythconverg but that doesn't help.

Thanks