[mythtv-users] Program Guide time is shifted

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Dec 16 11:41:43 EST 2005

Beny Spensieri Jr wrote:
> Hi I just noticed in the last few days that the
> program guide is showing every program as starting
> five hours later than when it should (eg. a program
> that should be starting at 1pm is showing in the
> program guide as starting at 6pm).
>
> In fact all program data shows as staring 5 hours
> later than it should.
>
> Now I live in Toronto in the Eastern Time Zone, which
> is -5 hours behind.  It seems that I am either
> recievingwrong data or mythfilldatabase is shifting
> it, I can't tell.
>
> I have erased the channel info twice, double checked
> my time and downloaded the whole 14 days twice.  I
> can't seem to fix the problem.
>
> My zap2it account doesn't seem to have settings for
> time zones.
>
> I even played with the time offset in mythtv-setup,
> but it had no effect.
>
> Help please!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Beny
>
> "We are the Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
>                                       Futility is resistant."

Check `date` on your mythtv backend box. Is it also 5 hours off?
If so, fix it.

If you're running Gentoo, take a look at /etc/conf.d/clock. Recently
the CLOCK variable moved out of /etc/rc.conf and into this file. It
defaults to UTC, so if you had your system clock set to local time
you'll have to change it.

I recommend that you set your hardware clock to UTC and use:
CLOCK="UTC"
That way daylight savings time works.... but that might not be an
issue for you. Reboot a few times to make sure the settings stick.
It usually takes me a few tries to get it right.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net