[mythtv-users] remotes (yet AGAIN)

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Dec 16 10:21:22 EST 2005

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> And finally, if all else fails,
> should I just take back the X-Box remote and spring for an MCE remote?

I've been looking at these, and they seem to have two shortcomings:
1.) They seem to fail on a regular basis, needing a battery terminal
short via a paperclip
    to bring them back to life. If this is hecka frequent, it could get
highly annoying, but
    if it's just once a month or once every three months or something
then it wouldn't be
    a big deal.

2.) I can't seem to determine definitively whether or not LIRC support
the newer remote
     hardware. The front page to the LIRC project says it does, but then
it links to a thread
     that ultimately says it doesn't.

I especially like that this remote is USB and lights up. Can someone who
owns one of these
comment on these two things?

Thanks!

--