[mythtv-users] Re: Better off with an ATI card?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Fri Dec 16 09:15:21 EST 2005

The signal source is typically what requires HDCP, but some of the set
out there appear to also require HDCP. All I can tell you for sure is
that connecting a 5200 or 5500 to this TV with DVI->HDMI produces a
black screen, while using a 6200 gives correct results, utilizing the
same drivers and config file.  I've found other references to TVs
requiring HDCP as well. It's obviously not all of them, since a lot of
people are using older cards with no problem. I just got lucky, I
guess ;)

        --Matt