[mythtv-users] Out of spec FSB speeds for a P3?

mechcozmo at gmail.com mechcozmo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:27:08 EST 2005

Hiya,

Higher bus speed I'd think would be better in this case so that data
can go between the various parts at the fastest speed possible.
Although because it is a frontend, the lower bus speed means lower heat.

But to answer your question... I think that it would be fine.  Not
100% sure, but the multiplier is just "processor clock * FSB = CPU
speed", right?  So a higher multiplier can make up for the lower FSB
in this case.

And if it melts... well, get some nice pictures.  Video preferably.

Brandon