[mythtv-users] question about mythfilldatabase parameters

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Dec 15 15:43:03 EST 2005

Jakob Fix wrote:
> Hello, I would like to know what the first number of
> mythfilldatabase's --file option means exactly, the "1" in the
> following example.
>
> mythfilldatabase --quiet --file 1  -1 tv_uk_rt.xmltv
>
> I did read the --help output that mythfilldatabase provides:
>    Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
>    <sourceid> = cardinput
>    <offset>   = days from today that xmlfile defines
>                 (-1 means to replace all data, up to 10 days)
>    <xmlfile>  = file to read
>
> What does "cardinput" mean?

That's a little confused. It is the sourceid in the videosource
table which holds the info from mythtv-setup "Video sources".
The first source you create will be "1" if you add another it will
be "2" and so on. This arg tells mfdb which source the file's data
is intended for. This has nothing to do with your inputs per se.

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> select sourceid,name,xmltvgrabber from videosource;
| sourceid | name         | xmltvgrabber |
|        1 | CoxCableDD   | datadirect   |
|        2 | CoxDigitalDD | datadirect   |
|        3 | VCR          | /bin/true    |