[mythtv-users] MythTV and PSP

Darren Poulson mythtv at 22balmoralroad.net
Thu Dec 15 15:32:10 EST 2005

Hi,

I've just managed to get nuv videos encoded into mp4 for playing on a PSP.,
thanks to all the useful posts on this list and a few links I've found. I've
written up what I had to do to get it all working, along with a few of the
problems I ran into on the way. I've also got a script written that can be
used as a mythtv user job (creates unique filename and thumbnail). My write
up is at:

http://www.22balmoralroad.net/index.php?/archives/12-MythTV-and-a-Sony-PSP.html#extended

English may be my first language, but I'm a geek, so rather bad at writing it!

One thing I haven't found out is how to set it to automatically run the user
job after each recording. As far as I can tell (from both the frontend, and
the backend mysql tables) it is set up right. Running the job manually from
the recordings section works fine. I did read on one post that it could be a
problem with using Mythweb to set the recordings, rather than a standard
frontend. Is this still the case (I'll set a recording going from the
frontend at some point when I get chance).

Thanks,

Darren.