[mythtv-users] Please explain

Adam Greenbaum lists at refinitive.com
Thu Dec 15 15:15:07 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 13:51 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2005 13:49, Adam Greenbaum wrote:
> > I haven't tried it yet but does the new live-tv pseudo recording code
> > have an upper disk usage limit in the same way as the ring-buffer code
> > used to? I can imagine this is going to cause problems for many users if
> > not.
>
> Why would it cause problems?

Well, as Jay mentioned it would stop df from being any use, resulting in
never knowing how much space is actually free on the disk. This is more
troublesome than the old method because you could always rely on the
upper limit of the ring buffer in the past (This is obviously only
relevant for non-dedicated myth partitions though).
Are the live-tv recordings deleted once you leave live-tv or do they
remain until they auto expire?

Adam.