[mythtv-users] ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0 OVERFLOW

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Thu Dec 15 12:55:30 EST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 3:41 AM, Marius Schrecker wrote:

> Anyone seen this in dmesg:
>
> Wondering if it has something to do with my flickering problems:

Probably, yes.

> Dec 15 07:28:27 mythbox kernel: ivtv0 warning: ENC Stream 0
> OVERFLOW #2:
> Stealing a Buf
> fer, 512 currently allocated

This means the client app is not pulling data fast enough from the
driver buffer and you could loose some frames.  This has recently
been noted as a problem with MythTV as the client and research is
being done to determine a fix.  For me, I just added another stick of
memory, but a real fix is probably in the works in the next week or so.

Keith C