[mythtv-users] Please explain

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Dec 15 10:56:44 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> resolution
> extra

> be
> being
> > >
> > > Yup.
> >
> > OK, Thanks for confirming that. Wonder why it didn't work for me though.
> >
> > Will it throw out  LiveTV first or are my shows marked "autoexpire" at
> the
> > same level?
>
> LiveTV stuff gets auto-expired before anything else, of course.
>
> Isaac

*all* liveTV stuff gets auto-expired before anything else? Or is there a
certain amount of liveTV that is exempt from that?

I use TVWish to pick out recordings for me at low priority with auto-expire,
so my drive is full most of the time - If I were using SVN in this case,
would all liveTV get expired first, or is there a way to configure that,
like "Allow most recent [X hours / N programs / Y GB] of LiveTV to have
priority over auto-expire recorded programs"?

Not that I watch live TV all that often, but if I have a full drive and
pause TV, I'd like to be sure that it will do the right thing and
auto-expire previously recorded programs before deleting what I'm currently
watching.