[mythtv-users] QAM and OTA, do they play well together?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:05:21 EST 2005

Hello!

I am in a temporary situation where I have to tote my box up and down
the stairs to record and watch TV (TV in basement, antenna cable
upstairs).  I am in the process of running new cable to the basement
from the antenna, but with christmas, my project has really had to
take a back seat.

So I am wondering how easy ( what steps should I take? ) is it to just
plop in the cable-company cable and use QAM instead of toting this box
up and down the stairs everyday?  I will probably switch back to OTA
once I get the cables ran, I get quite a few channels and a great
signal.

I am using a pcHDTV 3000 using the dvb drivers, and have it working
great with OTA.

Thanks!

Chad