[mythtv-users] Anyone have Packard Bell Remote Working? - Update - Dooh!!

Mike Wafkowski mikeyw at sohogurus.net
Wed Dec 14 16:24:33 EST 2005

Just a followup...

Er,uh,  it turns out that I have been struggling on and off for the past 3-4
days trying to get the Packard Bell IR receiver and remote to work
w/Knoppmyth ON THE WRONG SERIAL PORT! I checked the port when I started and
somehow misread the label and never looked at it again.

I've been involved with computers/networking for more than 20 years and I
just relearned the first corrollary of computing  - Hey Dope, it's usually
the cable/connector that's the problem. 8^)

Thanks to those who offered me assistance. For the record, the $10 Packard
Bell receiver/remote works like a charm!

Sheepishly Yours,
Mike Wafkowski