[mythtv-users] Touchscreen

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 10:09:13 EST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 8:42, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 05:01, GREG & AMY LINDLEY wrote:
> > Matt/Tom/Joshua,
> >
> > Ugh!  I stand corrected.  It does indeed no longer function as I
> > once
> > thought.  I spent some time verifying this before I responded.  In a
> > prior
> > release (I don't know which one), mythtv used to respond to the
> > mouse (it
> > wasn't visible, but you could click on menu items and they would be
> > selected).
> I use mythtv (0.18.1-5, ubuntu) and the mouse is indeed not working in
> the
> menu's.  But in the settings page, the mouse is working fine.  I run
> mythtv
> in a window, maybe that changes the mouse behaviour.

No, that's not it.  IIRC a good bit of the UI layer was changed a while
back.  I think earlier iterations were a little more purely derived
from the Qt widgets, so using the mouse just inherently worked for a
lot of them (even though you couldn't see the pointer).  That was
changed a while back, I think (though I can't remember how long ago).
There are probably a few places where clicking with the mouse may still
work (apparently some of the settings pages), but it's the exception
rather than the rule.

There's a major UI layer overhaul in progress.  The new UI layer relies
more on OpenGL (if you have it) for lots of eye candy, though there's a
Qt fallback mode, I think.  The mouse-enabling patch that was recently
posted is meant to work with this new UI code; I don't konw whether
it'll be included in the 0.20 release or not.

-JAC