[mythtv-users] Tuning Woes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 13 21:58:55 EST 2005

Kichigai Mentat wrote:

> Hello. I finally broke down and got a new tuner for my MythTV box.
> I'm running an AMD Athlon 850 MHz with 256 MB of RAM, using a
> Hauppauge PVR-150 capture card (Replacing my old ATI TV-Wonder VE card).
>
> I'm able to tune one channel in pretty well, but that's about the
> extent of it. It seems impossible to get MythTV to change the
> channel. This doesn't seem to be a problem with key bindings, since I
> used MythWeb to schedule two different recordings on different
> channels (at different times). Instead of The Three Stooges, I got an
> infomercial for the Ab Sauna. Instead of Barenstein Bears on PBS, I
> got a Tempurpedic bed infomercial. I'm sure that I have the proper
> channel line up, and timing, and both infomercials were on the same
> channel (Though the Stooges and the Bears were not).
>
> Any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Not without details...

What standard (i.e. NTSC/PAL B/...)?  What frequency tables are you
using (i.e. us-cable, us-cable-hrc, us-cable-irc)?  What channel can you
tune?

Most likely, you've specified a tuner type and it's not correct or you
are one of the unlucky people to get a tuner for which there's no
definition in the Linux kernel...  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/166976#166976 .  If
that's your problem (whether your tuner is the same as his or
different), my offer to Dan is extended to you, also--get me a data
sheet and I'll write you a tuner definition.

Mike