[mythtv-users] A good quiz game for those party nights, for linux??

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:12:38 EST 2005

On 12/10/05, Sami Röppänen <sami.roppanen at helsinki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a thought... I dont know if you people know these touchscreen quiz
> machines laying around the service stations and restaurants... I admit I am
> a bit addicted to the quiz part of those machines, and can't understand why
> nobody hasn't made them into linux games.. What is more fun than that with
> some good friends...

That sounds like a very cool concept for an HTPC environment..  It works
well with a simple infrared remote control selection interface.   It would
seem to be pretty straightforward to display the question text, then after
two clicks (to avoid accidentally exposing the answer) display the
answer.    Basically, "Trivial Pursuit" on a TV display (I don't know if
Trivial Pursuit is available in Finland..   It's a popular board game in the
U.S., based around trivia questions).

Tracking the progress on a gameboard might be a little trickier.

Adding pictures, music, or video to the trivia could also make for some
interesting capabilities, and works well with the MythTV concept.

I suppose a basic trivia quiz game would be very easy to do as a web
application..  Simply linking the questions & answers would be no
problem.    Probably the biggest difficulty would be to get a good database
of trivia questions.