[mythtv-users] how many concurrent recordings possible? in HD?

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:51:16 EST 2005

On 12/13/05, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:.

> What motherboard are you using?
>
> Some earlier VIA boards (KT266?  KT400?) had either interrupt or DMA
> collision problems.  Perhaps that's what's biting you.

Some time ago, I had both the PVR cards in a KT400 system, but never got
them to work together properly.  This was around the time of ivtv 0.2 and
early 0.3.  I never put them back in that system to see if things improved
as the support for the PVR-500 matured in the later drivers.  I'm now using
a Chaintech nforce2 motherboard and the PVR's play nice together - probably
since late 0.3 ivtv drivers.  Looking at the modules load, the PVR-350
shares an interrupt with one of the tuners of the PVR-500, but the DViCO
FusionHDTV 5 lite does not share an interrupt with any capture or playback
related devices.

Does the 350 and *one* other tuner still cause trouble?  (Be careful
> about your ivtv configuration while trying that...)

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I'm following you on this.  I've
tried the 350 and the DViCO alone, with the PVR-500 physically removed from
the computer, and still see the problems.   If I have only the DViCO
FusionHDTV 5 lite and the PVR-500, everything is solid, (but I have no
remote)...  Is this what you are asking?   I can't think of a scenario where
card would change anything- but maybe you're thinking of something that I'm
not?  Thanks again to all for the replies.

Mike