[mythtv-users] EPG, Channel Selection, and Multiple Tuners... oh, and Data Sources too!

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Dec 13 16:08:46 EST 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Matt Mossholder wrote:
>

>>     2) Is there a way to define a single input source, but only have
>> certain channels from the Input Source assigned to each card? I'm in
>> the US, using Zap2It! as a data provider, and have a situation where
>> I need to use an HD3000 card to pick up the HD stations, but want to
>> use an analog card for everything else (freaking Comcast is
>> encrypting all the digital channels except ETWN and Pennsylvania
>> Cable TV Network). I can't define two data sources as Digital Cable
>> with Zap2It!, so what would be the best way to ensure I have all the
>> guide data? I was thinking of defining another source in the DB, and
>> then just copying  over the HD channels from the existing source and
>> marking the originals as invisible....
>
> Define your second source in zap2it with a neighboring zip code that
> has the same lineup if zap2it isn't letting you define two sources.
> Should work fine.
I have 4 tuner cards, and they all use the same zap2it source. There is
nothing that says you can't use the same source twice, so I defined 4
sources in Myth, with the same datadirect account info, and connected
them via the 4 different inputs I'm using. That might get you closer to
what you want.

Tom