[mythtv-users] XBox Media Center Question

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Dec 13 09:57:01 EST 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Well, I was just referring to the native XBMC media player. There is a
>> Myth plugin script for XBMC that supposedly allows Live TV, and I
>> presume time stretch, but I can't get it to work with latest SVN, so
>> it's a non-starter for me (which is also the reason I can't run any of
>> the Myth/Debian/Xbox combos either).
>>

> You're referring to xbmcmythtv (see sourceforge) which is a set of
> python scripts which run under XBMC. This includes support for live TV
> (if you can get it to work) and commercial skipping. It doesn't do
> time stretch, though, AFAIK.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I couldn't get much of anything to
work with it, and XBMC does everything else that I want, so that's what
I'm using. I especially like that you can start a music playlist, and
then continue doing other stuff, like check the weather, view image
galleries, etc.

Tom