[mythtv-users] Changing default rewind amount

mythtv at jehster.net mythtv at jehster.net
Tue Dec 13 06:31:23 EST 2005

jgmtfia Mr wrote:
> I have a weird problem.  Before my last update, my rewind setting was 15
seconds.  After the update it defaulted to 5 seconds.  I could not find
where to change the value back to 15 seconds.  I looked in the
"settings" table in the database and found "RewindAmount" was set to 5.
I changed it to 15 seconds and restarted the front end.  However the
setting is not being honored.

> I would appreciate any pointers.

I'm assuming this happens when you use your IR remote. If so, you want to
look in your lirc config file. I use xine as a video player, instead of
the default mplayer. My rewind button looks like this:

begin
  remote = hauppauge_pvr
  prog = xine
  button = Rewind
  repeat = 0
  config = SeekRelative-15
end

The "config = " is what you're looking for. Again, since I don't use
mplayer, I'm not sure of the config, but from what I just Googled, it
likely looks like this: "config = seek -5". You'll want to change that 5
to a 15.

Hope it helps,
Roy