[mythtv-users] Hard disk access

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue Dec 13 06:01:15 EST 2005

> The older installations of Debian had mysql logging on. The newer do
> not. If you want to turn off the mysql logging, comment out the
> line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf containing '/var/log/mysql/mysql.log'.

As I only needed the log once during some MythTV debugging, I guess I
should turn it off ;-)

> I got my myth system - containing both backend and frontend - to the
> point that the disk shuts down when the system is idle for more than 5
> minutes. [ I like quiet systems ;-) ]

That's why my frontends are a Hush, and a Hush-clone.... The backend is
somewhere else, and is pretty quiet, but has too many things going on
(mail, webserver) to turn off all disks. The video disks turns off after 15
mins or so.

	Herman