[mythtv-users] Instalation problems.

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 18:40:23 EST 2005

--------------------------
Does anyone have MythTV installed on Ubuntu Breezy 5.10? I have been having
so much trouble installing it on Ubuntu that I have tried 7 times without
success that I don't know whats right, whats installed  that I have been
reinstalling Ubuntu every time. I have used the How-to on Ubuntu's forum,
that its so incorrect that I have given up on that.
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91511&highlight=mythtv

Does ANYONE have a How-To that will work? I am new to Linux so a link that's
is kinda designed for someone like me would be great!
--
Thanks
Bill

Well Bill, if all you want to do is get mythtv running on a linux system
there are several easier options. If you are bound and determined to use
ubuntu you are pushing the envelope a bit so there are not as good of docs
yet.

The first thing I would suggest is KnoppMyth
(www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html ) Pertty much turn-key. Loads linux and
mythtv in one shot.

The second is a great howto at (wilsonet.com/mythtv/) This is a great step
by step howto that was based (last time i looked) on Fedora Core. I set mine
up with this howto but have since customized mine quite a bit.