[mythtv-users] Re: single source (cablebox) two input methods (pvr-150 and firewire) work together?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:39:00 EST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 09:34, Steve Adeff wrote:
> Sent this to the user list with no response, so I assume its not possible.
> -----
> ok, DCT6200, with 5C on many channels, os some channels can be received
> through the firewire no problem, the rest can use the pvr-150.
>
> Is there a way to set it up so that when Myth needs to record a 5C=0
> channel it uses the firewire transfer from the box but when it needs to
> record a 5C=1+ it uses the PVR-150? I can manually tell Myth which channels
> use firewire and which use the PVR-150 but what I need to know is if there
> is a way to tell it that both methods are using the same cable box and
> therefore it can't use both simultaneously?
> ------
>
> Since many people will have a similar setup with their cable box (some
> channels 5C=0 some 5C=1, a nice ability would be to be able to have Myth
> take some channels via firewire and some via a PVR-150 from the same cable
> box.
>
> any thoughts?

just want to add a note... I just called my cable company (comcast) and they
said that they can't give out more than one HDTV cable box per account. I
talked to my father who uses Comcast across the country and he says thats the
policy there as well. Who knows how long this (silly) rule will apply, but it
does increase the desireability (at least in the short term) of this feature.

--
Steve