[mythtv-users] Audio problems - Do I need new hardware?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Sun Dec 11 22:02:38 EST 2005

Using 0.18.1, I have two audio problems, both of which I've researched quite a bit,
but thought I would check one last time if any solutions are available. I'm using an
ASUS P4P800-VM with on-board AC'97 audio using optical audio out to a
receiver. Digital audio works fine for HDTV and DVD.  The two problems are:

1) Very annoying, loud, audio drum-beat-like sound when playback stops, only
occurs occasionally. Happens when stopping liveTV, Recorded, mplayer, etc.
2) MythMusic plays back ripped audio too fast, chipmunk-style.

>From what I can tell, most people don't experience these problems, and some have
suggested the MythMusic problems is due to cheap audio hardware.
If I'm going to buy an add-on PCI Audio Card, can anyone recommend one that
is known to work well with linux/MythTV?